Survivor: South Pacific

Yes my friends, Sir Griffin has returned.  After a lengthy holiday both home and abroad Sir Griffin is back to talk with you about his favorite things: TV & food.  Of course, I did see plenty of films this summer as well so do not hesitate to ask my opinion on any of the summer blockbusters.  But, we are here today because we are only a few weeks away from the fall TV season and my favorite show, Survivor.  I have been inundated with requests to continue my Survivor blog this season as opposed to one vote against it thus the majority wins and I will continue.

Survivor South Pacific will be the 23rd season of this show and will premiere on September 14th.  For those of you with a curiosity streak I can tell you that it was filmed in Samoa from May 30th – July 7th of this year.  It is always amazing to me that the producers are able to keep the secrets of the show under wraps until the winner is revealed in December.

This season, like last, will bring back two former players for their third attempt
each: Coach & Ozzy.  Now many of you know that I have never liked Ozzy in the least and consider him an idiot for getting voted out with an idol in his possession.  Coach, on the other hand, is a cartoon character.  I really disliked him at first because he was such a loudmouth, blowhard and a liar.  Then came Russell and my whole concept of hatred changed.  I cannot say that I like Coach, but I now find him endlessly amusing.  Unlike last season where Russell and Boston Rob had a prior connection of once playing together, no such bond exists between Ozzy & Coach.  Coach is a gift from the Survivor gods.  Ozzy is an ass.

Also like last season we will have the return of Redemption Island, although from what I read it will be slightly different now.  No more of this just make sure you don’t finish last crap.  Now you have to win the challenge to stay in the game.  Although I was not a big fan of the whole RI concept, I do think this is better. 

Of course there will also be 16 new castaways on the island to battle with Ozzy & Coach.  While I do not have the time or desire to go over each of them individually, I do want to single a few out that caught my attention in reading their bios.

Brandon Hantz:  We now have a new member of the Hantz family to deal with.  Russell’s nephew Brandon.  Will he be as hated as Russell?  Time will tell, but just because he is related I am already not a fan.  He will have to go far to convince me he is not the same conniving type of jerk as his uncle.  While we are at it, why don’t we now reserve the 25th season of Survivor for the entire Hantz family?

Elyse Umemoto:  Elyse was once second runner up in the now completely irrelevant Miss America Pageant.  She is also a dance instructor in Las Vegas, but most importantly she is smoking hot.  Clearly she will be one of my favorites this season.

Whitney Duncan: Now I am told that Whitney is a country music singer and was a contestant on a show called Nashville Star, which I will admit that I have never heard of, but it sounds like a rip-off of American Idol.  All you really need to know is that Whitney is extremely attractive which also makes her an early favorite.

Mikayla Wingle: Mikayla plays for the Tampa franchise of the Lingerie Football League.  She was on the cover of Playboy and appeared nude inside.  Yes, she is very attractive.  Yes, she is an early favorite.  Yes, that’s all anyone needs to know.

Semhar Tadesse: I am sensing a trend here.  Yet another attractive girl in her 20’s, but this one really intrigued me due to her occupation: Spoken Word Artist.  When I think of that “job” all I can see is someone sitting in a club playing the bongos and reciting bad poetry.  I truly admire that.  If I could have done anything in my life I think that would have been my choice.  I am a fan of do nothing “jobs” like that one and wish that I could find someone to pay me to do that.  Unfortunately for me the only do nothing “job” I could find involved hanging out in a jungle and annoying people by telling them their religion sucked and that they should switch to Jesus.

Jim Rice: No, he’s not hot, at least not to me.  Admittedly I thought this was the former Major League Baseball player and Hall of Famer when I saw the name so imagine my disappointment when I saw a 35 year old guy from Denver staring back at me.  That said I found his occupation of a Medical Marijuana Dispenser fascinating.  How the heck do people find these jobs?  Is that even really a job?  I did know some guys in high school that had that job, but I do not recall them ever using the word “medical”. 

John Cochran:  He’s a nerdy, geeky looking guy that loves The Beatles.  We all know that the geeks shall inherit the earth.

If you want more information you can got to the CBS website for further details, but that’s all I am going to discuss today.  Keep in mind that I am judging hotness on some small photos, so if I have missed one or gotten one wrong please forgive me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rules of Engagement: Where's Jennifer?

Subway's Big Hot Pastrami Melt

Survivor Caramoan: Shamar is an Ass