Sir Griffin's Look at the Fall Schedule: ABC

It's that time of year again my friends.  The new shows will be arriving very soon and due to a vigorous summer schedule Sir Griffin is behind in his previews.  But fear not TV & Burger fans as it is finally time to begin.  We start with ABC.


666 Park Avenue - This is a show about a couple who move into a Manhattan building and learn that it just might be possessed by a demonic force.  The show stars Terry O'Quinn from Lost and Vanessa Williams as the building's owner and his beautiful wife.  Also starring is Rachael Taylor and Dave Annable as the aforementioned young couple.  This show looks terrific.  Terry O'Quinn has long been one of my favorite actors and any show that has demonic forces will always pique my interest.  Chances of me watching: 100%.

Nashville - I have already seen the premiere episode of this show and I can tell you it sucks.  Big time.  It stars Connie Britton as Rayna, a fading country music star and the gorgeous Hayden Panettiere as Juliette, the young, up and coming vixen.  Britton is always good and Panettiere is always sexy, but the show is just stupid.  It's a soap opera with Nashville as the backdrop.  B-O-R-I-N-G.  In the pilot Rayna is having trouble selling tickets to her concert tour so they bring in Juliette to boost sales.  Juliette made me think of Taylor Swift, but they claim there is no comparison.  Yeah, right.  Chances of me watching: 0%

Last Resort - Okay, let me see if I can explain this without it sounding too ridiculous.  There are these people in a nuclear submarine that are told to fir missiles towards Pakistan.  The commanding officer (Andre Braugher) defies the order and thus another sub tries to destroy them.  They escape and are declared enemies of the state.  They find an island called Santa Marina and declare themselves a sovereign nation with nuclear capabilities while they struggle to prove their innocence.  This sounds like a good premise for a movie or even a mini-series, but a full season of this?  No thank you  Still, I'd be willing to watch it at least once to see if it pulls me in with its drama.  Maybe.  Chances of me watching - About 50%

Malibu Country - I think this is supposed to be a comedy, but after watching the preview I was not convinced.   This show stars Reba McEntire as a country singer (Didn't we just see this two shows ago?) whose husband cheats on her.  Instead of standing by her man she moves from Nashville (Again, two shows ago) to Malibu in hopes of restarting her music career.  Lily Tomlin plays her marijuana smoking mother.  I cannot tell you how horrible this show looks.  Frankly I do not want to see Reba do anything except shooting up sand worms in Tremors.  The laugh track on the
preview was unbearable.  Chances of me watching - Hell to the NO!

The Neighbors - Again, this is an alleged comedy.  This is the story of a New Jersey family that moves into a gated community populated by aliens.  All the aliens go by the names of famous sports stars such as Larry Bird or Dick Butkus.  Oh, can you hear me laughing already?  Chances of me watching - 10%

How to Live with Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life) - Now this is a comedy.  The show stars Sarah Chalke (whom I have been madly in love with for many, many years...please don't tell Lady Gianna) as an uptight, divorced mother who moves back in with her bizarre parents (Brad Garrett & Elizabeth Perkins)  The trailer cracked me up and I cannot wait for this show to begin.  Unfortunately it is not scheduled to premiere until mid-season, some time in 2013.  Chances of me watching - 100%

Mistresses - Another show slated for 2013 and unlike the last one, I don't know how I could care less.  Mistresses is about four women and their illicit relationships with married men.  Despite the fact that it stars the lovely Alyssa Milano I could not even stomach watching the entire preview.  It looks dull & tedious.  Chances of me watching - Prognosis Negative


Family Tools - A comedy slated for 2013 about a guy named Jack Shea (Kyle Bornheimer) who is a complete failure at everything he has ever done.  Sounds a lot like Sir Griffin already.  After flunking out of seminary three times he returns home to take over his father's handyman business after good old dad suffers a heart attack and can no longer work.  Jack is extremely bad at handyman work, again like Sir Griffin, and has a difficult time maintaining the family business.  Bornheimer is a very funny comedian and his character here seems awfully familiar to the one he played in the very funny and canceled too soon Worst Week back in 2008 - 09.  I have high expectations for this show as the preview had me laughing pretty hard.  The show also stars Leah Remini (who I have always found to be a delight) and J.K. Simmons from The Closer.  Chances of me watching - 100%

Red Widow - Radha Mitchell stars as Marta, a housewife from California whose husband is killed.  Seeing that her husband was involved in organized crime this was probably an inevitability.  Nonetheless she now has to continue his work to protect her family.  I don't care for mob shows or organized crime shows so this has no interest to me.  It will premiere in 2013.  Chances of me watching - None

Zero Hour - A conspiracy thriller starring Anthony Edwards (ER) as Hank Foley and Jacinda Barrett as his
wife Laila.  At the beginning of the show Laila is kidnapped.  The show plays out sort of like The Davinci Code or National Treasure in which Hank must follow clues to locate clocks in order to solve the mystery and free his wife.  The show involves Nazis, a demon baby and the expertise of an old clock maker.  What is not to love?  Chances of me watching when it comes on in 2013 - 100%

So there you have it, the ABC schedule.  Some good stuff and some crap.  Of course, Sir Griffin reserves the right, as always, to change his mind about these shows at any time.  However, I can guarantee that any show involving country music will not be seen by me.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rules of Engagement: Where's Jennifer?

Subway's Big Hot Pastrami Melt

Survivor Caramoan: Shamar is an Ass