ETM on Fringe

Good day my friends,

It seems about odd on day two of this blog to be switching things up a bit, but I feel compelled to do so.  As you are just getting to know me and I have yet to meet all of you readers I certainly need to get you up to speed on some of my likes and dislikes.  Today we are going to focus on one of my favorite shows on TV right now, Fringe.  We are not going to discuss the show history or anything like that, but I do want to clue you in on a special guest on tonight’s episode: Eric the Midget.  (Note:  I do realize that the word “midget” is considered offensive by those in the dwarf community, but that’s the guy’s name so what else am I going to do?)  

Now you may not know that I am a loyal listener to The Howard Stern Show, but now you do.  I have been a loyal listener going all the way back to 1996.  Eric the Midget (heretofore known as ETM) is a frequent caller to his show.  The guy is in a wheelchair and has many disabilities and I find him endlessly fascinating.  I will not go into details here about his afflictions, his life or his quirkiness, but if you are interested in learning more you can read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_the_Midget

You can certainly count me in as a fan of ETM and I am very much looking forward to seeing him tonight.  According to ETM he will be playing a homeless man in the subway.  The episode was filmed in Vancouver back in August and I have heard that he has a very important role this evening.  I don’t know much regarding his role, but what I do know I will not share so as not to spoil anything for you.  I urge anyone that is a fan of the show to let me know your opinion of ETM’s performance tonight.  Anyone who is not a regular viewer of the show should try and tune in.  The show is excellent and one of the most intriguing shows on TV right now.  The regular cast is beyond superb and includes the guy that played Pacey on Dawson’s Creek and the guy that played Denethor in The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.  If you are a geek like me you just have to watch this show.

In case you were wondering, I made a homemade pizza for diner last night.  And when I say homemade I really mean that I made the dough myself and put store bought ingredients on top.  Making the dough was the toughest part, but my oh my was it ever worth it when I took that first bite.  After I kneaded the dough and flipped it up in the air a few times I flopped it onto the pizza stone.  I brushed garlic butter all over the crust first and then added the pizza sauce.  This was followed by so much pepperoni that the sauce could no longer be seen.  I put two cups of mozzarella cheese on top and tossed it in the oven.  About 15 – 20 minutes later (I lost track) the pizza was removed from the oven.  The cheese was bubbling on the top and the crust was a beautiful golden brown.  I let it cool for a few minutes before I sliced it up with the pizza cutter.  Once sliced it was time to eat.

The pizza was delicious.  There was the delectable flavor of pepperoni in each and every bite.  The cheese was gooey and delicious.  It was a pretty big pie, but it did not last long in my house.  The flavor of the crust was mouth wateringly tasty.  The garlic added so much more to the crust than I could have imagined.  As most of you do not yet know my motto has always been “the more garlic, the better”.  I once ordered pasta at Macaroni Grill with garlic sauce and had them add fresh garlic and garlic grilled chicken to it.  Oh my gosh it was fantastic.  Some of you may think that made me a bit stinky, but on the way home one of my friends was attacked by a vampire and I was left alone.  So there.

Thanks for reading today my friends and I do hope you enjoy ETM’s appearance tonight.  I know I am looking forward to it.  I just need to figure out what I will eat when I watch. 

Until next time I am now and always will be…

Sir Griffin Stromboli

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rules of Engagement: Where's Jennifer?

Subway's Big Hot Pastrami Melt

Survivor Caramoan: Shamar is an Ass