Welcome Friends to TV and Burgers

Greetings TV Carnivores,

Welcome.  Welcome, welcome, welcome to TV and Burgers.  A new blog dedicated to television and delicious food.  We have several contributors here and blogs will range from the completely ridiculous to utter madness and will include everything in between.  Let me start by introducing myself.  My name is Sir Griffin Stromboli and I was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II back in 2009 for excellence in television viewing and for being a master food connoisseur.  I am incredibly fond of television and food and when I was asked to join this community I was honored.  What I will be doing is celebrating good TV, criticizing bad TV and eating.  I hope to eat plenty of food to tell you about and will post pictures when I can.  For today, I feel it is appropriate to discuss both a burger and a new TV series though there will be says when I just choose one or the other.  Let’s get right to it, shall we?

I went to the Winghouse today for lunch.  For those of you unfamiliar with the Winghouse, it is a restaurant chain created by former Florida Gator and Dallas Cowboy Crawford Ker and has a decidedly similar look and feel to Hooters.  This past May a new Winghouse opened just a few steps away from the Original Hooters in Clearwater.  The Winghouse has beautiful women in skimpy outfits, delicious wings and sports on all the TV’s.  They even have TV’s in the bathroom.  Well, at least they do in the men’s room.  Can’t say that I was in the ladies room.  Yet.

I went today with the thought in my head of either having a burger or a big stack of wings.  Our lovely server, Christina, asked if I had seen the specials.  I said no and she said that today’s special was the Ker Burger for $5.99.  I was intrigued so I read the description.  The burger was served open faced on ½ a bun.  (What they did with the top ½ of the bun I have no idea)  The burger was covered in cheddar cheese beer sauce, diced tomatoes, diced jalapenos and then covered in seasoned curly fries.    Sold!  I told the lovely Christina I’d take it and my order was placed.

The burger came out and was bigger than I expected.  The cheese not only was on the burger, it was also on the fries which made me quite happy.  The burger was delicious.  It needed no ketchup, mustard or barbecue sauce to compliment it as it was perfectly delicious as it was.  A burger should be able to stand on its own without condiments and any condiments that the diner wants should be used sparingly.  The taste of the burger and fries together made for a wonderful combination and the jalapenos added a wonderful kick.  Remember that this is the Wednesday special and is not available any other day so if you want to try it be sure and head in to your local Winghouse and give it a try.  I realize that the Winghouse is not a national chain, but if you are in Florida be sure to stop by and give it a try.  I should also let you know that the Friday special is an Italian Beef sandwich.  I’ll be trying that and giving you the story on that one as well.

Last night I watched what has become one of my favorite shows of the new TV season: Raising Hope.  This is a ½ hour comedy by the makers of My Name is Earl, which was also a very funny show.  The premise is that a guy named Jimmy that still lives with his parents has a one night stand with a woman that turns out to be a serial killer.  The girl gets pregnant, gets arrested and gets the death penalty.  When she is executed the child, whom the killer had named Princess Beyonce, was given to her father.  By the end of the first episode he had changed her name to Hope.

The first episode had me laughing so hard I was crying.  Last nights episode was not as funny as the first, but still hilarious nonetheless.  The story follows Jimmy as he lives with his bizarre parents and his senile Maw Maw who is only lucid for about a minute or two each day.  The pilot also had Jimmy’s cousin in it who lived in a tent in the laundry room, but he was not in last night’s episode and the tent was gone so he may be gone for good.  We shall see.  Jimmy also has a crush on Sabrina, the checkout girl at the grocery store who unfortunately has a boyfriend.  This show has great promise and I urge you all to give it a try.  It will be well worth your while.

So that’s it for my first entry into this new entity and I hope you enjoyed it my friends.  There will be more to come so keep checking back for more.

Until we meet again I am and always will be…

Sir Griffin Stromboli

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rules of Engagement: Where's Jennifer?

Subway's Big Hot Pastrami Melt

Survivor Caramoan: Shamar is an Ass