Sir Griffin's Look at the Fall TV Schedule: NBC

I do not watch a lot of programs on NBC any more.  In fact I only watch Chuck.  That’s it!  What was once must see TV is now an entire network of must avoid TV.  So knowing that NBC does not really cater to my tastes I was not looking particularly forward to seeing their offerings for fall and beyond.  However, I went in with an open mind.  Let’s take a look:

The Playboy Club

The Playboy Club:  Here we go again.  Yet another show based on the successful Mad Men mold.  Another drama based in the 60’s?  We already have Pan Am over on ABC copying the concept and now we have this.  Since this is going to be on network TV it will be fairly tame which makes me wonder why such ignorant groups as Morality in Media are bitching about it.  Frankly a show like this belongs on cable with a lot of nudity, but we will not get that.  What we will get is the story of some hot women working at a Playboy Club in Chicago in the 60’s.  Yawn.  Chances of me watching?  Less than 5%

Up All Night:  Here comes a sitcom about a couple with a newborn baby struggling to make their new home life mesh with their work life.  I like Christina Applegate & Maya Rudolph, but am no fan of Will Arnett.  Besides, I’ve already lived this and it was never that funny so why would I want to watch it?  It sounds sleep inducing to me.  Chances of me watching?  Maybe 10%.

Free Agents:  When I hear the words “starring Hank Azaria” I normally run and hide.  This show looks to be no exception.  It’s about two PR execs who work together, are attracted to each other and trying to stay professional at work.  I’ve about had it with TV shows based on sexual tension between the two main characters.  Just hook up and we’ll see what happens.  I don’t need to see two clowns dating others while they secretly yearn for each other.  Bleh!  Chances of me watching?  Less than 10%.

Whitney:  As I have said before I like Whitney Cummings and this is now the
Whitney Cummings
second show she has coming on this fall.  This one actually stars Whitney as, well, Whitney.  Essentially the show is based on Whitney’s life and her comedy routines.  This one has piqued my curiosity for no other reason than I like Whitney.  Chances of me watching?  About 80%.

Prime Suspect:  What?  Yet another police procedural?  I can’t take it any more!  This one stars Maria Bello as a detective who is probably hard nosed and has personal problems and…oh who gives a crap!  Chances of me watching?  Hell no!

Grimm:  Okay, here comes our second show of the fall that has a fairy tale background.  This one involves a homicide detective who is a descendent of a group of hunters known as Grimms.  The Grimms fight off all sorts of strange and supernatural creatures.  Now that’s what I am talking about.  People being killed by evil fairy tale characters is always fun.  However, do I have time in my schedule for two fairy tale shows?  We shall find out.  Chances of me watching?  90% give or take. 

Grimm

And now the mid-season offerings:

The Firm:  A version of a book I found so dull I could not get past chapter five and a movie that was almost as bad.  If you don’t know what it’s about you probably won’t like it anyway.  Just pick up any John Grisham novel and you’ll get the same sleep inducing story.  Chances of me watching?  Zero point Zero.

Smash:  So we have a huge hit called Glee on another network so why not another singing and dancing show?  This one stars the charming Debra Messing as a singer/songwriter putting together a musical based on the life of Marilyn Monroe.  It also stars Katharine McPhee, whom I find very attractive, and Anjelica Huston, who is just plain scary looking.  Unlike Glee, all the songs in this show will be original.  What happens after they stage the musical?  Do they start on another or is this just a one season show?  While I am a big fan of Glee it will take a lot for me to watch a second musical TV show, particularly one with such a lame plot.  Chances of me watching?  25%.

So there you have it.  All the networks new shows in one fine blog.  Now that you’ve seen what they all have to offer let me know what you think you’ll be watching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rules of Engagement: Where's Jennifer?

Subway's Big Hot Pastrami Melt

Survivor Caramoan: Shamar is an Ass