Hooters: John's Pass

Good day my friends,

As my readers and friends already know I consider Hooters to be the epitome of fine dining.  Wings, burgers, curly fries and beautiful women make up the components of the perfect dining experience.  That's why when I heard that Hooters had opened up a brand new restaurant at John's Pass on Madeira Beach I knew I just had to try it.  I must say it was another delightful experience at Hooters.

Now most of you familiar with Hooters already know that the Original Hooters opened in Clearwater, FL in 1983.  It is at that location that I have done the vast majority of my Hooters dining.  Hooters was an originator and has spawned many imitators such as the WingHouse and Tilted Kilt.  I have patronized both these establishments and have enjoyed them immensely, but to me Hooters is still and always will be the best.  (FYI: there is a place called Twin Peaks that I would just love to try sometime.)

We arrived shortly after 1:00pm to take in a delicious lunch.  We parked in what was advertised as a "state of the art new parking garage", but state of the art is hardly the words I would use to describe it.  While reasonably priced at only $1.00 per hour, it is very cramped inside and difficult to traverse the corners with traffic heading in both directions.  After we parked, Lady Gianna and myself (this is Sir Griffin writing for those of you that somehow get confused) realized that neither of us had any cash on us.  No problems though as the garage accepted debit and credit cards as payment.  More on this later.

One of the big draws at this Hooters is not just the food or the lovely ladies, but rather the World's Largest Wing  which hangs on a hook right outside restaurant.  From what I understand it is not edible and is made of plastic, but it looks delicious nonetheless.  As we entered the Hooters we could not help but notice the bevy of beautiful women.  Heaven on earth I suppose is the best way to put it.  We were greeted by the lovely Becky who seated us promptly in a booth.  It was a beautiful day and about 72 degrees out so the windows and doors were all opened and a delightful breeze came right through.  Becky took our drink orders and we perused the menu.  It did not take us long to realize that we both had a hankering for wings.

I noticed one thing different on the table; no paper towels on a stand.  I immediately asked Becky what was up as this is the sort of thing that is expected at any Hooters.  She said that they were ordered and had not arrived yet so she would be giving us plenty of good old fashioned napkins to clean wing sauce from our hands.  Phew!  Good to know.

We ordered 20 wings: 10 Hot and 10 with Honey Thai Chili Pepper Sauce.  Lady Gianna also ordered a salad.  I have had both of these types of wings many, many times at Hooters, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that both varieties were hotter and spicier than normal.  We all know that I (Sir Griffin) enjoy spicy foods more than Lady Gianna so I was taken aback when she said they were better than any wings she had had in a long time.  Most times a trip to Hooters gives you the same hotness on all the wings, but there are times when wings are hotter or more mild than expected.  This was obviously one of those times.

Becky herself was the consummate professional.  Aside from looking fantastic in her Hooters uniform she was always smiling and always there for refills on drinks and to provide more napkins when needed.  I asked if she was new or had transferred in from an already established Hooters.  Becky said she had just been finishing her first week on the job and I was impressed.  This says a lot about the people that train the servers and a lot about Becky as well.  To have someone this knowledgeable and sure of themselves at this point of her career is impressive.  The rest of the girls were very friendly and professional as well and more than happy to take a few moments out of their busy day to pose for photos.  Some people at the table next to our booth asked the girls to hold their babies for photos which they happily did.

The Hooters was, as expected, shiny and new.  The gift shop area was much larger than I had ever seen in any Hooters before and I am guessing that is because this one is in such a touristy area.  Although it is a little bit of a drive away I will certainly visit here again, but do not worry as I have no plans to abandon my local Hooters.

Before we left we decided to walk along the boardwalk and enjoy some of the many shops and places to see.  There was one ice cream shop that had the delicious aroma of fresh made waffle cones wafting out the door.  However, one look at the prices reminded us that we were in a tourist area and we could get ice cream somewhere closer to home.

Oh, and I am guessing you all want to know what happened when we left the parking garage.  As we were getting ready to walk back to the garage I found a little bottle filled with quarters.  I looked around and there was no one in the area.  It was a blessing from God.  God provided us with enough change to pay the $2.00 parking fee and thus avoid having to use the debit card.  What a miracle!  Actually it was just a happy accident and a simple case of finders keepers, but we'll keep that between us.  Agreed?

Hooters: More than a Mouthful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rules of Engagement: Where's Jennifer?

Subway's Big Hot Pastrami Melt

Survivor Caramoan: Shamar is an Ass