Tin Lizzy's Cantina

Tin Lizzy’s Cantina has three locations in the great city of Atlanta and we made a visit to the Buckhead location.  While it was not difficult to find it was a little tough to park.  We visited on a Wednesday evening and it was busy.  We pulled into their small lot and were immediately directed by a parking attendant to park far back on the right.  As I parked I could see several signs in the area, some of which advertised that it was okay to park there for Tin Lizzy’s and others saying don’t you dare park here for Tin Lizzy’s.  I found it amusing and went inside as my stomach was very angry with me.
The Duo

We were greeted by a big smile from the hostess who could only be described as “hot” and were quickly seated.  That is when our server, Sarah, came over to greet us.  Remember how I described the hostess?  Same goes for Sarah.  Being very unfamiliar with the menu, Sarah was able to make several suggestions.

As with most Mexican cantinas we started with some chips.  Now instead of just having salsa we upgraded to something called The Duo.  This afforded us a very healthy serving of chips with queso and salsa.  Now since I am a big fan of both I was not sure how I would do this.  Would I dip in both at the same time or just have one salsa and then one queso?  While the combo worked well, I ultimately chose to have both individually.  The salsa was sweet with just the right amount of spiciness.  I like a salsa in which the cilantro taste is strong and this fit the bill.  The queso was even better.  The cheese clung to the chip and then sufficiently dribbled down my chin as I savored every bite.  Frankly I could have made an entire meal out of this.

The Skillet
When it was time to order the main course I told Sarah I wanted something different.  Something unique that I could try and possibly duplicate at home would be nice.  While they had a menu full of the standard Mexican fare, tacos, burritos, enchiladas, etc, Sarah suggested I try the Skillet.  The Skillet was a big cast iron skillet filled with veggie rice, grilled red peppers & onions, pickled jalapenos and crispy tortilla strips topped with queso blanco and salsa fresca.  There were a variety of meats to add to it and I chose grilled chicken as Sarah said that was the best, and most popular, choice.  I went with the full skillet and added a side of grilled tortillas to go with it while Lady Gianna went with the half and no tortillas.  Now she kept hers entirely vegetarian, which I am sure is still delicious, but the chicken was grilled perfectly and added quite a bit to the entire flavor of the Skillet. The jalapenos were sufficiently hot so while I would normally add a little hot sauce to the mix, I chose to just keep it as the cook intended.

While we were dining we saw a trio of women come in.  Each was smoking hot and dressed in a slinky dress and high heels.  Being a connoisseur of beautiful women it was immediately obvious to me that these women were exotic dancers at a nearby gentlemen’s club.  They had business cards and only visited tables that had men only.  Since I was with Lady Gianna and the young prince, I was obviously not what they were looking for.  Please don’t tell anyone, but should I be in Atlanta again without them I would certainly love to pay them a little visit.  Wait, did I write that?  Anyway, they walked through the restaurant as if they were on stage with a pole.  It was quite interesting to watch from a sociological standpoint.  I can’t say that any of the men from the tables went to see them perform, but they were very happy for the visit. 

When we had completed our dinner we were informed by Sarah that they were trying out a new dessert and said that we could try it for free.  Hey, when I hear free I am ecstatic so we anxiously awaited the dessert.  Since the dessert did not yet have a name we were told that they were having a contest to name it.  We were each given a slip of paper to fill out with our best entry.  Since the prize was a $150.00 gift card and Atlanta is not particularly close  to home I can’t say that I was all that excited about it, but then again maybe they’d put my picture up in the restaurant somewhere.  That would be cool.  I would tell you what we wrote down, but that will have to wait until the contest ends. 

What was the dessert?  Well it was fried tortillas covered in cinnamon sugar and served with whipped cream.  Yes, I know that we have all probably had something similar before, but I will tell you that these were quite tasty and the whipped cream was fresh and rich.
Free Dessert

Dinner ended and, as is customary for Sir Griffin, I thanked the manager for the great food and service.  We headed to the car and saw the three strippers heading into a restaurant across the street.  Do those women naturally walk like that or are they trained to walk that way?  Either way, it’s still sexy and fun to watch.

FYI: When we did finally return home we were able to duplicate the Skillet with pretty decent results.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rules of Engagement: Where's Jennifer?

Subway's Big Hot Pastrami Melt

Survivor Caramoan: Shamar is an Ass