Sir Griffin's Preview of Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs. Favorites

A while back I received two emails from some of my alleged fans saying they were tired of my Survivor recaps so I stopped.  Well, the outcry from my loyalist of fans has been immense and thus I am announcing a return to the weekly Survivor recaps that all but two of you have come to know and love.  And since I will be doing recaps I only thought it fair to give a season preview as well.

Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs. Favorites was filmed from May 21st through June 28th 2012 and will premiere on CBS on February 13th.  It marks the second time that fans have had the opportunity to play against fan favorites.  I have to say that even though the previous FvF season was one of the all time best, I can't actually say I am thrilled to be seeing it again.  I like my new seasons of Survivor to be fresh.  I relish the opportunity to meet new castaways and see how they bond.  With a team of newbies playing a veteran team some of that pleasure if lost.  However, I promise to you my fans that I will be going into this season with an open mind despite my misgivings.

Let's take a look at the returning players, shall we?

Phillip Sheppard - If you recall, Phillip was a player on Redemption Island and made himself well known due to his fuchsia underwear and his fondness for crispy rice.  I am not sure that it is a pleasure to see him back, but the way he annoyed people the last time I cannot imagine how he would get very far on this go round.

Andrea Boehlke - Andrea is also returning from Redemption Island and I am pretty sure I found her attractive then and I certainly do now.  She lasted 37 days the last time and I certainly would like to see her do so again.  Welcome back Andrea.

Brenda Lowe - Brenda was the Asian girl from Miami who first played in Nicaragua.  Again, it is always nice to have lovely women return to the show.


Brandon Hantz - Why?  Is this guy seriously a fan favorite or do they just feel the need to thrust the Hantz family upon us once again?  I hope he goes away quickly.

Malcolm Freberg - Malcolm played just last season in the Philippines and since his season did not even air until after Caramoan was filmed there is essentially no way anyone could have known a thing about him.  I can see why he is a favorite, but none of the newbies knew him at all when they started playing.  That to me is a disservice to the other returning players and a distinct advantage for Malcolm.  I liked him last year and it's good to see him back.

John Cochran - From South Pacific we have the return of Cochran.  I liked him that season and I really would like to see him do well again, but I am not entirely sure he will.  Still, it's nice to see a scrawny, pale nerd doing well.


Francesca Hogi - I'll be honest and tell you that I have no memory of this woman at all.  I had to look her up to find that she was the first person voted out of Redemption Island and the first castaway eliminated from said island.  How exactly is a person that spent six days in the game a favorite?

Corinne Kaplan - Returning from Gabon is another attractive girl, Corinne.  She lasted a good long time in the game and I would expect her to do so again.


(Editor’s note: I typed this up in two different places using two different formats and then merged them.  If you know me you know I’m too lazy to make the fonts match.  Sorry, but you’ll have to get over it.)


Erik Reichenbach - This guy gave ice cream scoopers across the nation a very bad name.  For those who do not recall, this is the bozo that was played by pretty girls to give up his immunity idol and was promptly voted out.  I don't think he deserved another chance.

Dawn Meehan - I honestly thought Dawn would have lasted much longer in her South Pacific season, but she ran into the Tai Chi of Coach and was voted out.  I expect her to do better this time around.  

And now we shall take a look at the fans and some of my new favorites.  

Laura Alexander - Laura is a 23 year old hottie from Washington, DC.  She is not only cute, but appears to be very intelligent.  Physically I cannot see her doing to well, but I think she can play the social game.  I hope and pray she does well and I think she will.

Sherri Biethman - Sherri scares me.  She is younger than yours truly, but I thought she was much older.  She looks almost frightening in a bikini.  She seems a bit too...well, I don't know, but something seems off to me.  

Matt Bischoff - Every season needs a scary looking guy and Matt fills the bill.  He claims to be sensitive and caring.  If he really is he may do well as long as his appearance does not turn them off.

Hope Driskill - Hope is gorgeous and clearly my favorite for this season.  She is sexy beyond words and a former Miss Missouri.  From the first second of her video I was in love.  As a public service and because Sir Griffin is your pal I will now share that video with you.  You can thank me later.




Eddie Fox – One of the Jersey Boys.  He is a firefighter and EMT and I think he will be popular and be seen as a threat to go deep into the game.  If he can play it right he appears to be a frontrunner, but then again sometimes the most physical leaders don’t make it too far.

Julia Landauer – She seems like a very nice girl, if a bit shy.  Maybe I’ve misinterpreted her, but who knows.  She seems very intelligent though and I have a feeling if she plays it correctly she could go very far.


Allie Pohevitz – Another gorgeous blond.  Allie is a smoking hot bartender from New Jersey and my dream would be to see her and Hope in the finals.  Or even better, Allie and Hope wrestling in the mud in some sort of challenge.  Awesome!  Maybe Allie & Hope could hook up a la Rob & Amber.  My head would explode.

Michael Snow, Shamar Thomas and Reynold Toepfer – Just three more guys on the show.  One of them could win, but who cares now that we have Hope & Allie.  

So there you have it, the new cast of Survivor.  Be sure to watch the premiere on February 13th on CBS and check back often for my recaps.  I’m back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rules of Engagement: Where's Jennifer?

Subway's Big Hot Pastrami Melt

Survivor Caramoan: Shamar is an Ass