Sir Griffin's Look at the Fall Schedule: ABC

It is that time of year again my friends and I know I am running a little late again this year, but you will all get over it quickly.  You must because you have no choice.  This year, like we probably did last year, we start with ABC.


Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: My friends I am here to tell you that I cannot remember a time when I was so excited about a fall TV show.  We all know that I love Marvel and that superhero movies are among my favorites.  We also know that I consider Joss Whedon to be a genius.  When you combine those things you not only get The Avengers, but an awesome looking TV show to boot.  Phil Coulson is the main character and if you have seen any of the Marvel films you probably know exactly who he is.  The plot is simple; Agent Coulson puts together a team to handle strange cases and find new superheroes in the world.  The casting looks to be terrific with Ming-Na Wen (Mulan) as pilot Melinda May, Chloe Bennet as computer hacker Skye and Elizabeth Hentsridge as scientist Jemma Simmons.  Oh yes there are guys in the show too, but the beauty of Joss Whedon is his ability to write strong female characters.  Plus the girls are hot.  Chances of me watching?   Do you seriously think I would miss t his show?

Trophy Wife: This comedy stars the sexy, talented and very attractive Malin Akerman as Kate, the new wife to a guy with two ex-wives and three kids.  The show revolves around her dealing with all these new people in her life.  The casting is good with Bradley Whitford (The West Wing) as her husband and Academy Award winner Marcia Gay Harden as one of the ex-wives.  I like the premise, however I was not exactly overwhelmed by the preview I saw.  But again I absolutely adore Malin Akerman.  Chances of me watching?  Well 100% for the first few episodes, but it has to keep me interested lest my eye wander to different beautiful women on TV.

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland: A sequel series to Once Upon a Time, which I thought I would like,
but never really could get into.  This series focuses around Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll, but is somehow in the same universe as the series it comes from.  Sophie Lowe plays Alice, but I know virtually nothing about her.  The show does have some star power with Jihn Lithgow and Barbara Hershey.  Chances of me watching?  I didn't like the original series so I cannot imagine spending time on this.

Super Fun Night: I know I am supposed to like her because the media tells me I should, but I cannot stand Rebel Wilson.  Yes, she was funny in Bridesmaids in a small part.  I stress the word small.  A little Rebel goes a long way with me.  The show has something to do with Rebel and her friends always having a party on Friday nights for 13 years, but then it somehow gets screwed up.  I was snoozing during the preview. Chances of me watching?  About the same as me attending one of Rebel Wilson's parties.

Betrayal: A photographer and a lawyer have an affair as they are both unhappily married to what I can only imagine are people even more boring than these two clowns.  There is also some murder trial in which these two lovebirds are on opposite sides.  Honestly I do not understand how crap like this keeps getting made. The preview was sleep inducing at best.  Haven't these people ever heard of divorce?  Chances of me watching?  Hint: It rhymes with Nero.


Back in the Game:  A comedy about Terry, a former all star softball player (Maggie Lawson) who gets a divorce (She should share that info with the idiots on Betrayal) and moves herself and her son in with her father, played by James Caan.  In the show she becomes a Little League coach to her son and a bunch of misfits who were unable to make the local team.  Now funded by a wealthy friend she, along with dad, tries to mold these kids into a real team.  I laughed at the preview and I literally cannot wait to see this show.  The kid's uniforms sia they were the "Angles" which I can only guess is a misspelling of "Angels" and even that I find funny.  Chances of me watching?  I love baseball and Maggie Lawson is hot so you figure it out.

The Goldbergs: Okay, I am still laughing hysterically from the five minute preview.  One of my favorites, Jeff Garlin from Curb Your Enthusiasm, stars as the patriarch of a family living in the 80's.  The youngest child has captured his family life on video and is sharing it with us today.  This comedy revolves around this family and the nuttiness that surrounds them.  It kind of reminded me of my childhood.  The show looks very funny and the casting is seemingly perfect.  Chances of me watching?  100%

Lucky 7: A group of seven gas station employees plays the same lottery numbers every week and they finally win.  Seems like a decent premise right?  Well, one never knows when it comes to the lottery.  Does it change them afterwards?  Of course it does, but does that make it interesting?  Maybe.  I initially thought this was going to be a comedy, but apparently it's a one hour drama.  I was not overwhelmed by the preview, however I may give it a shot.  Chances of me watching?  About a one in seven chance.

Resurrection: A drama about a boy, Jacob, who is found in China with no ID.  An immigration agent gets
the info from him that he is from Missouri so he returns him to his parents.  Only when dear old dad opens the door he tells the agent that Jacob dies 32 years earlier.  Jacob runs into his father's arms and DNA tests proves that Jacob is back from the dead.  I found the preview creepy and it looked to me like something that could either be intriguing (Jacob is a zombie) or incredibly schmaltzy.   Chances of me watching?  Maybe 10%

Mixology: A comedy that takes place over the course of one night in the bar.  Seriously.  Each episode follows one of five men and five women who meet each other for the first time.  It sounds a bit too gimicky to me, but I may give it a shot.  Chances of me watching?  25%

Mind Games: A crime drama starring Christian Slater and Steve Zahn.  Slater is a con man and Zahn is a guy with a bipolar disorder.  Together they make a team that solves crimes.  Well isn;t that special.  How many TV shows will Slater be given before people realize that no one wants to watch a TV with Christian Slater as the star?  Chances of me watching?  I watch enough crime dramas already and I don't need another.


Killer Women: Yet another crime drama.  This one stars Tricia Helfer (Number Six on BSG) as Molly Parker; a former beauty queen who becomes an elite Texas Ranger (sadly not the baseball kind) Okay, Tricia is hot, but do we really need this?  Chances of me watching?  0.0

The Black Box: I cannot tell you anything about this show other than it is set to be a mid-season replacement and it stars Kelly Reilly as Elizabeth Black, a famous neuroscientist.  Quick, name me a real famous neuroscentist!  That's what I thought.  Chances of me watching?  Undetermined.

So that is just a quick look at the ABC schedule.  I'll be looking at them all so please come back for more and thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rules of Engagement: Where's Jennifer?

Subway's Big Hot Pastrami Melt

Survivor Caramoan: Shamar is an Ass