Red Robin Gourmet Burgers

Good day my friends,

One of my favorite restaurant chains is Red Robin, but unfortunately I had only been able to dine at one when I traveled.  That is until now.  Not too far from me there is a brand new Red Robin right there in the Citrus Park Mall.  RR is known for their gourmet burgers, delectable chicken sandwiches, wraps and bottomless fries.  They also have incredible milkshakes.

I finally had the opportunity the dine there this past weekend and I am here to tell you that it did not disappoint in the least.  We were welcomed at the door by a stunning brunette with gorgeous eyes.  The smell of burgers and fries permeated the entire place.  One thing I noticed right away is that this location was decorated in the same eclectic way as every other RR.  I was home at last.  I also noticed a plethora of employees.  It almost seemed like overkill at first, but as we dined it was certainly welcomed.

Our server was Ben and I will have to say that he was incredibly knowledgeable and friendly.  He took our drink order and I chose to try the freckled lemonade.  It was basically strawberry lemonade, but Ben said the difference was that they used real strawberries and not a syrup.  I had to try it and despite the fact that it was way overpriced ($3.99 with unlimited refills) it was incredibly delicious and I was quite pleased.  The strawberries did not overwhelm the lemonade.  In fact the flavors complimented each other perfectly.  It also came in a really cool glass which was available for purchase for only four bucks.  I would think that for the cost of the drink itself they should have thrown in the glass for free.  Whatever.

So Ben came back and asked if we had seen enough of the menu and were ready to order.  I told Ben that I was ready to order before I even walked in the door.  I ordered the Royal Red Robin Burger.  The burger is huge and is covered in three strips of hickory smoked bacon, American cheese, crisp lettuce, tomatoes, mayo and then topped with a fried egg.  I know a fried egg on a burger sounds odd, but I am here to tell you that is is an explosion of flavor for your mouth.  I mean if you don't like eggs then it would suck, but if you do like eggs then I highly recommend you give it a try.

My burger arrived and was prepared just as I wanted.  The burger was cooked just slightly between medium and medium well.  I guess you would call it medium medium.  The burger was super hot and the cheese was dripping down the side.  The egg was slightly off its target at the top, but that hardly mattered.  I took the first bite and the juices of the burger flowed freely down my chin.  It was a marvelous sensation.  The spices on the burger combined with the bacon and egg was like a dream.  If only all burgers could be as juicy.  What a world this would be.  One must obey the egg or so they say.

The French fries were crispy and full of great potato flavor.  Now, they do not over season the fries at all, but they do put their special seasoning on the table for you to add on your own.  And I did that of course.  They were served piping hot and you could see a cloud of steam when you broke them in two.  Since they were bottomless I ordered a second helping.  I also like to dip fries in ranch dressing so I got some of that on the side.

After all that Lady Gianna could hardly believe I was ready for a shake, but I was ready willing and able to consume a milkshake.  I ordered the cookies and cream shake.  It was extremely think.  The straw was essentially useless.  As expected the shake was a delectable blend of ice cream, milk and Oreo cookies.  Yummy.  Plus it was topped with real whipped cream.  Nothing but the best at the RR.

I joined the Red Royalty program while I was there as I intend to be back again and again.  If you are travelling and see a Red Robin do yourself a favor and stop.  If you have one in your neighborhood what in the world are you waiting for?  Go and eat!

Oh, and for those you needing gluten free items, they have them.  Just let your server know.

Good eating my friends.  Good eating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rules of Engagement: Where's Jennifer?

Subway's Big Hot Pastrami Melt

Survivor Caramoan: Shamar is an Ass