Sir Griffin's Look at the Fall TV Schedule: CBS

We continue our look at the new fall programming with CBS.  Now, CBS has long been known as TV for old people.  Since I fit into that category there are a number of shows I already watch on CBS.  And while I do occasionally see things like CSI and NCIS, I do not make a habit of seeing them.  They are not must see TV for me, but rather Lady Gianna is watching them and I am sitting with her as she does.  So let's end the delay and get right to the new shows.

2 Broke Girls
2 Broke Girls:  I have a confession to make.  I have always found Kat Dennings to be irresistibly sexy.  I don't know why.  Maybe it's her attitude, maybe it's her face or maybe it's her really big boobs.  Whatever the reason I cannot look away when she is onscreen and this show is no exception.  The show is set in NYC and takes place in what appears to be a lousy diner.  Kat plays Max, a waitress from a poor working class family and the very beautiful Beth Behrs plays Caroline, a one time rich girl now down on her luck.  They end up moving in together and we have what I like to call "Two Sexy Girls Living and Working Together in NYC".  Okay, so maybe my title is a bit too long.  Anyway the show also answers the question of whatever happened to Garret Morris who co-stars as Earl the cashier.  The series was also co-created by one of my favorite comedians Whitney Cummings and that gives me even more reason to watch.  Chances of me watching?  100%.

Unforgettable:  Poppy Montgomery is looking great with red hair as Carrie Wells, a former police detective with a memory like Marilu Henner.  In case you missed the 60 Minutes piece last season, Marilu is one of six known people to have Superior Autobiographical Memory, also known as Hyperthymesia.  Well it was just a matter of time before a TV show with someone with that gift/curse got on the air.  Anyway, Carrie is pulled back into police work to help with a homicide case and you pretty much know how it goes from there.  Carrie does have one blocked memory and that is the death of her sister so she decides that she will join the homicide unit full time and work on that as well as other cases.  Ho-hum.  Chances of me watching?  Only if Lady Gianna has it on in the background.
Unforgettable

How to be a Gentleman:  This is a comedy about the relationship between Bert, a real man's man (um, we have heard that before, right?) and Andrew, a refined gentleman.  When I first read the premise I was annoyed.  Another man's man show?  Please!  But, I have to admit that I was charmed by the trailer.  It made me laugh, I liked the characters and it was seemingly well done.  Maybe there is a place in this world for a show about a man's man.  It's just that it's on CBS and not ABC.  Chances of me watching?  75%.

Person of Interest
Person of Interest:  From the mind of Lost creator JJ Abrams comes a show that looks fantastic.  Jim Caviezel (Jesus from the Mel Gibson snuff film in which he blamed the Jews.  The name escapes me right now and frankly it doesn't deserve to be named anyway) plays Reese, an ex-CIA agent who was presumed dead. Michael Emerson (Lost) plays Finch, a genius billionaire who invented a software program that identifies people that will soon be involved in violent crimes.  Whether they are the victim or the criminal is unknown, but Finch needs Reese to do the dirty work and stop the crimes before they happen.  I was blown away by the trailer for this show.   Despite his miss last year with Undercovers, I expect great things from Mr Abrams. Chances of me watching?  Yes, yes, yes!!!

A Gifted Man:  Patrick Wilson stars as a doctor who is an asshole.  Wait, isn't that House?  But there's more...he also can see his dead ex-wife.  So now he's the Ghost Whisperer?  Essentially this show is The House Whisperer if you get right down to it.  After he gets the visions of the ex-wife he starts doing good things like helping poor families get medical care.  (the fact that that should be the norm and not the exception is beside the point)  Anyway, I hate medical shows.  Chances of me watching?  I hate medical shows so what do you think?

And that's all there is to the new CBS lineup.  Not nearly as many shows as ABC so we just have one part to this story.  Keep watching my friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rules of Engagement: Where's Jennifer?

Subway's Big Hot Pastrami Melt

Survivor Caramoan: Shamar is an Ass