Sir Griffin's Look at the Fall TV Schedule: The CW

As we continue our look at the fall schedule we come to The CW.  Now, I know some of you kids out there are clamoring for a story about dining out.  Don't worry, it will happen and it will be soon.  However, just as many have been clamoring for further looks at fall TV.  Sir Griffin is unable to please everyone at the same time, so I must make a decision and tonight's decision is TV.  So away we go...

Hart of Dixie

Hart of Dixie:  Rachel Bilson plays a New York City doctor that somehow ends up working at a small practice in Alabama.  Then she finds real southern people that talk funny!  How original!  I'll bet she feels really out of place and then finds love and somehow manages to fit in.  I liked it better when Michael J Fox did it in Doc Hollywood 20 years ago.  Look, Rachel Bilson is super cute but there is no way I could sit through this drivel.  Chances of me watching?  What did I just say?

Ringer:  Buffy is back!  Sarah Michelle Gellar returns to TV playing twin sisters Bridget & Siobhan.  Couple of confessions here for you.
  1. I have always liked the name Siobhan for a woman.  I once met a Canadian girl with this name and she was shocked that I could pronounce it.  
  2. The first time I ever saw Buffy the Vampire Slayer was one night when I was flipping channels.  I saw Buffy and exclaimed "dang that girl is smoking hot" and I was hooked.  I never missed an episode and it became one of my all time favorites.  
Okay so Sarah plays Bridget, a woman who has been sober for six months and goes on the run after witnessing a murder.  Then she reunites with her seemingly perfect twin, Siobhan, in New York fleeing the bad guys.  When Siobhan suddenly disappears, Bridget takes over her life and then finds out that being her sister is not all it is cracked up to be.  Sarah is older now and still beautiful as far as I am concerned.  I even watched the crappy Scooby Doo movies she did just because I missed her.  Chances of me watching?  100%
Ringer

H8R:  The initial preview I saw for this show had Snooki getting into an argument with a dopey looking guy that was playing pool while Mario Lopez was sitting in a car watching and laughing .  I hate Snooki.  I hate dopey looking guys that play pool.  I hate Mario Lopez.  I had not the slightest idea what this show was about, so I read the synopsis.  To sum it up, this show is about celebrities (and since Snooki is on the show they are using that term extremely loosely) confronting people that hate them.  Oh, how much fun is that.  Can I be on this show?  Besides the three on that clip, I hate Oprah, Robin Williams, Jodie Foster, all professional wrestlers, Justin Bieber & Mel Gibson. Will you pick me please?  Chances of me watching?  About the same as them getting Oprah to appear.  ZERO!

The Secret Circle: This is about a teenage girl named Cassie who is orphaned and goes to live with her grandmother.  Cassie makes some friends and finds out that they are all descended from witches.  Cassie refuses to believe that she herself is a witch, but some guy helps her out and then she can do magic.  I don't know why, but the preview made me think of that stupid Twilight series of books and films.  Chances of me watching?  I despise Twilight.
The Secret Circle


Remodeled: (Mid-season) Okay, so you have a very angry bald man yelling at people for seemingly no reason whatsoever.  I watched the preview and I thought this show was about a guy that remodeled offices.  Turns out he remodels models and, supposedly, helps their careers.  Curiously I don't see how an angry bald guy that looks like the only modeling he has ever done is before and after photos for a toupee company will be the least bit of assistance.  Chances of me watching?  Do you even have to ask?

The Frame: (Mid-season) Okay, I read the synopsis for this at least twice (I fell asleep the first time) and I still don't get it.  Apparently ten teams of two are placed in a stripped down version of their house and the only communication they have with each other is a plasma TV.  If they move out of the screen at any time they are out?  Who the hell knows.  Chances of me watching?  I hope this show never sees the light of day.

So there you have it.  Life on The CW for this fall looks pretty dim.  2011 looks just like last year when they added one good show (Nikita) to a cast of losers.  Lots of crap here.  Heck, even though I am sold on the show with Buffy there is no guarantee it can sustain my interest beyond the pilot.  I hope it does though.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rules of Engagement: Where's Jennifer?

Subway's Big Hot Pastrami Melt

Survivor Caramoan: Shamar is an Ass