Another Look at Dancing with the "Stars"

Surprisingly enough I still have never watched Dancing with the “Stars”.  One
would think that with my fondness for scantily clad beautiful women that I would certainly enjoy a show that features that on a weekly basis.  Thus far I have not been allured by their charms.  But nevertheless that will not stop me from breaking down this season’s line up of “stars”.  My definition of a star is wildly different than those of the producers of this show.  Bottom line is that if I would recognize them in public and want to get their autograph or a photo with them then they are a star.  If not?  Well…

So what I did was to look up the names only of the participants this fall.  I did not look up any more about them other than their name because a real star should have name recognition.  Thus here is my look at whether or not they have any stars this season. 

Ron Artest aka Metta World Peace:  This is a basketball player though I could not tell you for whom he has played for.  I’m trying to think of how many NBA players I would recognize on the street and there are not many.  Verdict: Not a star.

Elisabetta Canalis:  I have no idea who this is.  Verdict: Not a star.

David Arquette:  An actor that has done some really goofy films and was married to Courtney Cox.  He comes from the famous Arquette acting family and I would love to meet him.  Verdict: Definitely a star.

Lacey & Chaz
Chaz Bono:  Now there is no hiding the fact that Chaz has been all over the news of late.  As a transgendered person Chaz has gained more popularity than she ever had by just being the child of Sonny and Cher.  Family groups complained loudly about having Chaz on the show, but I wonder why such groups never complained about the previously mentioned scantily clad women?  Plus Chaz has the sexiest dance partner in Lacey Schwimmer which is always a plus.  I would love to meet Chaz, shake his hand and tell him that he’s an inspiration to a lot of people.  Verdict: Yes, Chaz is a star.

Kristin Cavillari: I haven’t the slightest idea who this person is, but I would hope she was hot.  Verdict: Not a star.

Nancy Grace:  Nancy is that witch on CNN’s headline news that talks endlessly and basically refuses to listen to anyone but herself.  She basically is responsible for the Casey Anthony frenzy that this nation had to suffer through.  I cannot stand her and I saw a brief clip on Morning Express last week and she looked like a woman doing a poor job of stomping grapes.  Verdict: Not a star.

Rob Kardashian:  I have to guess that this guy is probably the brother of the Kardashian sisters.  I have no idea why they are famous and now this guy is suddenly famous?  I did not know they had a brother.  Verdict: Not a star.

Carson Kressly: Carson is the only member of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy that I actually remember.  He was funny on that show and was entertaining in a couple of films/TV shows.  The verdict: Technically just kind of a star, but I would stop him and get a photo so the answer is yes.

J.R. Martinez: I have no idea who the hell this is.  Not even an inkling.  The verdict: Not a star.

Chynna Phillips: She was in Wilson Phillips for crying out loud.  The verdict: Yes, she’s a star.  A has been, but still a star.

Hope Solo:  Not a clue.  The verdict: not a star.

Rikki Lake:  Former talk show host and actress so maybe she’s a star to someone, but I highly doubt that I would ever recognize her just walking down the street.  The verdict: Not a star.

So there you have it my friends.  I’d be interested to know what you think. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rules of Engagement: Where's Jennifer?

Subway's Big Hot Pastrami Melt

Survivor Caramoan: Shamar is an Ass