Best Friends Forever: We Hardly Knew Ye

Last night I accessed my DVR looking to see what I had recorded and ready to watch.  After being forced to sit through NCIS: LA for the sole reason that it was the second part of a storyline started on Hawaii Five-0, I decided I wanted some comedy.  I had seen that one of my new shows had recorded the previous night so I pushed play.  I got myself all relaxed and ready to see another episode of the hilarious Best Friends Forever, but instead I saw the beginning of some old grandma reality show featuring Betty White.  What the hell?  I knew immediately that my show was a goner. 

Before I get much further please allow me to vent.  I am sick and tired of Betty White.  I officially suffer from Betty White fatigue.  Okay, she was kind of cute and funny in that Sandra Bullock movie a couple of years ago (The good one and not that bore fest that won her an Oscar) but ever since then we have had Betty White forced upon us in unprecedented amounts.  Go home Betty.  Retire already.  So now she apparently has some geriatric, Depends, I can't see over the steering wheel candid camera show.  Who watches this drivel? 

If you never got a chance to see Best Friends Forever, and from the looks of things you probably did not, it starred Jessica St. Clair (The cute blond from the Marshall’s commercials) and Lennon Parham as a pair of BFF’s.  The pilot episode had Jessica living in San Francisco and receiving divorce papers from her husband.  Distraught, Jessica returns to New York and moves in with Lennon and her boyfriend, Joe.  As it turns out, Joe is no match for these two women and finds living with the two of them very difficult. 

Okay so it does not sound like much, but damn it, it was funny, entertaining and the characters were
believable and interesting.  And yes, I realize that this show was aimed at women and kind of fit into the realm of a “chick flick”, but doggone it I don’t care.  I like chick flicks and I am man enough to admit it.  So there!  Oh, and full disclosure: Lady Gianna was not a big fan, but I really don’t think she gave the show much of a chance. 

Anyway, the show has been put on an indefinite hiatus, which in reality means that there is not a snowball’s chance of this show getting back on the air.  There are two remaining episodes that remain unaired and will likely remain that way or will be broadcast via Hulu or something like that.  I want more of my BFF’s!

But while the chances may be extremely slim, there is still a chance.  There is a petition online begging NBC to bring back our BFF’s.  I have already signed it and if you, my dear readers, could do so as well I would really appreciate it.  Take a minute and sign this petition and maybe, just maybe BFF”s can come back for a second chance.  Even if you don't care, help me out and sign it please.  Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rules of Engagement: Where's Jennifer?

Subway's Big Hot Pastrami Melt

Survivor Caramoan: Shamar is an Ass