An Exciting Announcement From Sir Griffin

I’d like to take this opportunity today to announce a new occasional series here at TV & Burgers.  Starting soon (which means whenever I feel like it and get around to it) I will be taking a nostalgic look back at some of my favorite shows from when I was just a kid.  In the days before Sir Griffin became an international sensation, he spent many a day sitting in front of the TV, mostly because sitting behind the TV was kind of pointless.  You could hear it, but that was about it.  Due to the fact that I spent countless hours watching TV I feel a certain obligation to my audience to share with you some of the shows that are long gone, yet bring back fond memories.

Me and the Chimp
Now I am not talking about going into to detail about the greatest hits of the past.  Gilligan’s Island may be the most brilliant show of all time, but that may be a little too mainstream for Sir Griffin to write about.  And yes, I loved Bewitched, My Three Sons and The Brady Bunch too, but what I want to focus on are a few shows that some of you may have long forgotten.  Shows that may have lasted just a year or two, but still recall fond memories.  I want to talk about the shows that were gone too soon or never given its proper chance.  Shows that you may read about and say, “Hey, I remember that”. 

Of course, there are plenty of shows that deserve no mention at all.  I hated The Beverly Hillbillies.  In fact, the whole country bumpkin line up on CBS in the 60’s is beyond my comprehension.
My Mother the Car
Okay, I did kind of like Petticoat Junction, but other than that the whole genre was a mystery to me.  It’s also kind of against “all things manly” rule, but I hated the Three Stooges as well.  As a guy I was expected to find three bumbling idiots beating each other up hilarious, but I never did.  And I know they were shorts repackaged for kids to watch in the afternoon after school, but they still sucked.  And you know which Stooge I hated the most?  Curly!  Curly who was arguably the most popular of the Stooges was my least favorite.  Sadly, if I was to choose a favorite Stooge it would be Shemp.  No wonder I had no friends. 

In addition I am asking you, dear readers, to submit some of your favorite shows from the past and perhaps I will write about them.  Maybe your favorite from the past just happens to be one of my favorites.  I look forward to seeing your favorites.

So within the next week or two be on the lookout for the first of this new series.  Until then, keep watching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rules of Engagement: Where's Jennifer?

Subway's Big Hot Pastrami Melt

Survivor Caramoan: Shamar is an Ass