Angie's Restaurant

This past weekend we decided to go out for breakfast before our trip to the beach.  Where to go is always the question, but that question was quickly answered by Lady Gianna: Angie’s. 

Conveniently located in downtown Clearwater, Angie’s Restaurant is a small diner with big meals.  Angie’s has been around since the 1960’s and I think only the prices have changed.  It is a very quaint place where you have the choice of dining at the counter or in a booth.  On this particular day we chose a booth.  There are essentially three things you can count on when you visit Angie’s:

1. Low prices
2. Delicious food
3. Excellent service from a woman that will probably call you “Hon”

The coffee there is quite delicious as diner coffee often is, but this blend was outstanding.  In fact I would put their coffee in competition with any of the major coffee producing stores in town.  The coffee is not bitter and does not have that burnt taste that bugs me so much; it was smooth.  I know there are some that want their coffee cup filled only when they have finished, but I like mine frequently warmed up and that is exactly what I got.  It was almost like being served by The Flash rather than Vivian. 


I was in the mood for biscuits and gravy, but had never tried them there before.  As most of you know B & G can often be a hit or miss proposition.  However, I was feeling very brave on this morning and went ahead and took the chance.  I also am a big fan of getting a couple of scrambled eggs piled on top of my B & G and our server was more than happy to oblige.  The gravy was plentiful and so perfect that I needed not add a thing to it.  Often I will add pepper, Tabasco or both, but I could not do that to this gravy.  It was exactly the way I liked it; a little spicy and full of flavor.  The eggs, of course, added another dimension and the biscuits were fluffy.  I made quick work of them and was full for hours afterwards.  It’s not often I can say that about a meal.

Prince Garrison chose the usual for himself: the strawberry French toast with a side of sausage links.  I have had this before as well and I must say it is remarkable.  The flavor of the French toast is very good and adding the strawberries is a great compliment.  On top of that I will also add syrup, but probably a bit more than the young prince usually does.  The sausage links are utterly amazing.  They are so full of flavor you would think that they had the pig right there in the back room.  (They do not)  I have had sausage links in practically every breakfast place I have ever been to and none of them compare to these.  I can't explain it, but they are delightful.  To my surprise the prince gallantly finished off the entire plateful except for the sausage link he gave to his daddy.  I love it when the prince shares.

Now I have been told that the cheeseburgers that they serve at lunch are also quite delicious.  You would think that I would have tried them by now, but I unfortunately have not.  Once I do I will provide a full report.  Angie's is only open for breakfast and lunch.

Angie's is nothing fancy. Simple food at a simple price and if you go there enough you will quickly become one of the regulars.  You always know them when you see them.  So if you are in downtown Clearwater with a hankering for breakfast I suggest you give Angie's a try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rules of Engagement: Where's Jennifer?

Subway's Big Hot Pastrami Melt

Survivor Caramoan: Shamar is an Ass