Sir Griffin's Look at the Fall TV Schedule: ABC Part 2

Okay, let's pick up with the shows that will be on in late fall/mid season, shall we?

Apartment 23: A quirky little comedy in which James Van Der Beek plays himself is interesting enough, but throw in the deliciously sexy Dreama Walker and the very attractive and talented Krysten Ritter and you have the makings of a good comedy.  Walker plays a barista named June looking for a place to live.  She ends up moving in with Chloe (Ritter) a con artist who rips off June as soon as she moves in.  As it turns out, June is adept at the con as well.  It's kind of like an Odd Couple remake, but with sexy women trying to outdo each other.  Chances of me watching?  Very good.
Apartment 23

Good Christian Belles:  This snoozefest is about a woman named Amanda (Leslie Bibb) who was a bitch in high school now returning to her home town 20 years later after a divorce.  As it turns out Amanda is nice now, but everyone else is a bitch.  Do they welcome her back or get their revenge?  Who cares?  Chances of me watching?  The same as Mr. Blutarsky's grade point average: Zero point zero.

Missing:  Becca Winstone (Ashley Judd) learns that her son disappears while studying a broad.  So what is the big deal?  A lot of male students study women instead of physics.  I know I did.  Wait, I think they mean abroad.  Okay, that makes more sense.  Then Becca searches the world looking for her lost kid, blah, blah, blah who gives a rats butt.  Chances of me watching?  Zip.

The River

The River:  Bruce Greenwood plays Emmit, a legendary explorer and star of a popular wildlife TV show.  One day he mysteriously vanishes (perhaps he is chasing broads with Becca's kid) in the Amazon.  Six months later his beacon goes off and Tess, his wife, puts together a crew to search & track him down.  This results in mysterious stuff, scary things jumping out at them and tension between Tess and her son.  At first when I read about this I was only slightly intrigued, but when I saw the trailer my interest got slightly stronger. Chance of me watching?  50% maybe 60%.

Scandal:  Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) is a professional crisis manager.  A fixer.  She used to work for the president, but now opened her own firm.  They specialize in preventing any crises from occurring with the nation's elite.  Okay, I don't know about you guys, but when Sir Griffin hears that a senator is having an affair with his brother in law I want to know.  I don't want it fixed.  I don't to see a show about rich and powerful people hiring a smug attorney to make them look good while she cannot handle her own personal life.  This looks like the crapper of the season.  Chances of me watching?  Do you really have to ask?
Good Christian Belles

Work It:  Two unemployed losers dress up as women to get jobs as pharmaceutical sales reps.  Seriously?  Two guys dressing up as women?  Really?  Isn't this Bosom Buddies 30 years later?  They dress up as women and no one can tell the difference?  I have to say that the biggest joy I get when I am sick is seeing the pharmaceutical babes in the doctor's office.  I don't want to see two hairy assed men doing it.  Chances of me watching?  None.

So that's a look at ABC.  When it is all said and done we will have some winners, but mostly losers.  And remember that just because I like how a show looks now in a two minute trailer it does not mean I'll like it when it gets on the air.  I will judge them again as I always do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rules of Engagement: Where's Jennifer?

Subway's Big Hot Pastrami Melt

Survivor Caramoan: Shamar is an Ass