Sir Griffin's Look at the Fall TV Schedule: ABC Part 1

Last week the networks announced their new shows for the fall schedule.  As is the norm, very few of these shows will last beyond their first season, but yet the networks announce them will all the press and fanfare possible.  I have decided  that I would take a look at each network's new offerings and share my thoughts about these news shows with you.  Now in all cases I have not seen any of these shows and I am basing my opinions on what I have read thus far and the little preview snippets that the networks released.  When the fall comes and I have actually seen these shows my opinion could certainly change.  I have also decided to devote a page to each network and to go alphabetically.  Thus we begin with ABC.
Once Upon a Time

Last Man Standing:  A new sitcom starring Tim Allen.  Now, Tim Allen had another sitcom on ABC that ran for many years called Home Improvement.  I saw exactly one episode of that show and I hated it.  I have seen approximately one minute and 27 seconds of this new show and I already hate it.  Allen plays a man's man living in a woman's world.  Ha, ha.  He runs am outdoor sporting goods store and is constantly harassed at home by his wife and three daughters while all the time trying to be super manly.  So basically he is playing the same character as before, but with daughters instead of sons.  Gee, how original.  Chances of me watching?  Little to none.

Man Up:  Okay, I am already sensing a nasty trend here.  Three childish men try to get in touch with the tough guy inside them and become more like real men.  Frankly this is the story of my life and having lived it I have no interest in watching it play out on TV.  Chances of me watching?  Little to none.

Suburgatory

Suburgatory: A divorced father moves himself and his 16 year old daughter from Manhattan to the suburbs. The daughter realizes that they are in some sort of bizarre Stepford Wives like town and tries to adapt.  The show has great talent in Jeremy Sisto, from Law & Order and the Twisted Sister video "We're not Gonna Take it" (he was a kid then), Cheryl Hines from Curb Your Enthusiasm and Alan Tudyk from Firefly.  The trailer was amusing and I liked the way that she reacted to her new school.  I like the premise and the look of the show.  It has promise.  Chances of me watching?  Very Good.

Revenge: A young girl named Emily lived with her father in the Hamptons until one day some mean people came and took her away.  Now an adult, Emily returns to the Hamptons, buys the home she used to live it and now is seeking revenge on everyone in town that took away her life with her father.  Lame!  The trailer for t his crap fest was two minutes long and I struggled to get through it.  The only thing that came to mind was "who watches shit like this?"  Chances of me watching?  Zero.

Charlie's Angels:  I don't think I need to explain this one, but for the sake of my younger readers I will.  It's a remake of the 70's series about three female detectives working for their unseen boss, Charlie.  Of course, the girls are all smoking hot and will hopefully fight crime in bikinis as much as humanly possible.  This time around they work and play in Miami and the girls all have sort of a shady past.  One was a thief, one was a crooked cop and the other was a street racer with a checkered past.  Hot babes, fast cars and explosions make for great TV.  Chances of me watching?  100%.
Charlie's Angels

Once Upon a Time:  Jennifer Morrison plays Emma Swan, a bail bonds collector who stumbles into the town of Storybrook, ME only to discover she is the long lost daughter of Snow White & Prince Charming.  You had me at Jennifer Morrison.  Storybrook is a parallel world where fairy tale characters exist having forgotten their identities and now living normal lives.  Not only do you have Snow White, but you have an evil queen, Rumplestilskin and Jiminy Cricket.  That my friends is how you make a show.  Chances of me watching?  Excellent.

Pan Am:  When I realized that Mad Men became an award winning show and critical darling I knew it was inevitable for more shows to hit the airwaves copying the sights and sounds of corporate America in the 1960's.  Here we have ABC's entry into the foray and for my money it looks like it's gonna suck.  Big time.  I will admit that Christina Ricci and Kelli Garner look extraordinarily sexy in their Pan Am stewardess uniforms, but as far as a show goes all I see is another soapy blah fest.  The glamour and style of the 60's is lost on me I guess and so is the whole concept of flight attendants getting it on with pilots.  Chances of me watching?  Absolutely no chance.
Pan Am

Now ABC also has several other shows that are dues for later fall arrivals.  These shows are as follows:

Apartment 23
Good Christian Belles
Missing
The River
Scandal
Work It


To avoid going on endlessly tonight I will blog about these shows next time.  Until then...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rules of Engagement: Where's Jennifer?

Subway's Big Hot Pastrami Melt

Survivor Caramoan: Shamar is an Ass