The One and Only Amazing Shoedini

Good day my friends,

I don’t sit and watch infomercials and I am guessing that few people ever do.  However, one night I came across one that I could not stop watching because it was like a train wreck with an obnoxious voice over.  It was the Shoedini. 

For the uninformed the Shoedini is as simple as a shoehorn on a stick.  That’s because it is…well, a shoehorn on a stick.  It’s basically a shoehorn on a telescoping wand that allows you to put on or remove shoes with ease and without bending over.  Does it work?  Well I actually have no idea, but the people in the ad seem to be having one heck of a good time putting their shoes on.

The genius of the shoehorn on a stick goes without saying, but the genius in charge of advertising this needs an award for getting comedian Gilbert Gottfried to do the voice over for the ad.  Gilbert has a very loud, nasal and grating voice that sends some people running from the room.  If you are a fan of Aladdin you know Gilbert as the voice of Iago the parrot.  He is also the voice of the Aflac duck in a long series of ads.  I was watching a show called Cyberchase on PBS with my son once and found out he voices a character on that show as well.  He is a very funny and talented comedian, but with the advent of the Shoedini he has definitely found his calling.

Take a look at the video yourself and see what you think.  It makes me laugh every time.  The way Gilbert describes it makes me wonder who the target audience really is for a stick with a shoehorn on the end of it, but nevertheless it’s fun to watch.

Watch & enjoy my friends.  Remember, it’s a Shoehorn on a stick!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rules of Engagement: Where's Jennifer?

Subway's Big Hot Pastrami Melt

Survivor Caramoan: Shamar is an Ass