The Scrambled Egg Cafe


Good day my friends,

It is a rarity when I go out to breakfast, yet it is one of my favorite times to go out to eat.  There’s something about the smell of a restaurant at breakfast time that makes me smile.  Whether it be bacon, sausage, home fries or pancakes the smells are terrific.  Recently I found a wonderful place in Indian Harbour Beach that I must share with you:  The Scrambled Egg Café.

The Scrambled Egg Café is located in a little shopping plaza and can be a bit tough to find as it does not face the road, but it is a hidden gem well worth the effort to find.  When I walked in I was immediately enveloped by the delicious smells of breakfast.  I was told that the place gets very crowded on the weekends, but we got there early so there was no problem getting a table.  They have seating both indoors and out, but we chose to dine indoors due to the humidity this particular morning.

We were immediately greeted by our server, Sarah, and we told her that we had found the restaurant on yelp and she was impressed as she had never heard of yelp.  She brought us coffee served in these marvelous mugs that I must have.  I had read on yelp that the food there was very good, but the coffee was just so-so.  I have to admit that the coffee exceeded my expectations.  While it was not as strong as I usually like my coffee, it was delicious nevertheless.  I allowed her to refill it many times.

The menu was extensive, but not overwhelming.  I always like to look for unique offerings at a new place and they had a list of items known as scramblers.  I have had similar items before.  The scramblers were eggs mixed up with a variety of different items and served with a side of home fries and white, wheat or rye toast.  While Lady Gianna went modest and chose the Greek Scrambler that had feta cheese and tomatoes mixed in I went with the Everything Scrambler.  The Everything Scrambler was filled with ham, sausage, bacon, cheddar and more home fries.  I chose the rye toast and was thrilled beyond belief when I saw it was a marble rye.  Now, as most of you know I am not particularly fond of ketchup and would never ever consider putting any on my eggs or home fries.  It would be, simply put, a disgrace and an insult to the cook.  However, I am not against adding a little Tabasco just for a little kick and I did so. 

The scrambler was remarkable in both texture and flavor.  The meats, potatoes and cheese inside created a perfect blend of flavor.  The trick was to somehow get a little of each in every bite.  Difficult yes, but not impossible since it was loaded.  My personal preference was to take a little scrambler and put it on the marble rye toast.  Oh my, what an explosion of flavor that was!  The home fries were equally excellent.  They were not overcooked, which is always my fear with home fries, and they were seasoned very nicely.  In fact they tasted like they were seasoned with Italian seasoning.  Not the norm when it comes to home fries, but a welcome surprise nonetheless.

Prince Garrison could not decide between the chocolate chip and the blueberry pancakes so he decided to have one of each.  Lucky for me he was willing to share.  In fact, my little prince said “Daddy, you’ve got to try the blueberry pancake.  It’s to die for”.  So, I tried it and he was right.  It was one of the greatest pancakes of all time.  I also tried the chocolate chip one and it was very good as well, but not as good as the blueberry.

The service was impeccable.  My coffee mug was always full despite the fact that I kept drinking it.  Same goes for my water glass.  The staff was very friendly as well and as far as I could tell they were seemingly enjoying their jobs.  Impressive for people that are up early in the morning to work at a diner.  I know I’d be in a pissy mood if it was me so I guess that’s why I patronize dining establishments and don’t work at them.  I should also mention that breakfast was reasonably priced as well.  Always a plus.

So if you are in the Indian Harbour Beach or Melbourne Beach areas be sure to look this place up and give it a try.  It is located on Highway A1a and is open for breakfast and lunch only.  Like I said earlier it is a little hidden in the plaza in which it resides, but if you make the effort you will be rewarded with a delicious meal. 

Happy Hanukkah my friends.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rules of Engagement: Where's Jennifer?

Subway's Big Hot Pastrami Melt

Survivor Caramoan: Shamar is an Ass