Survivor Blood vs. Water: Sir Griffin's Early Thoughts

Most of you know that I am an avid Survivor fan.  I have seen every episode of every season thus far and I am not about to stop.  We are in the 27th season of Survivor now and I am still a fan.  For many years I wrote a weekly blog about the show and I probably still would had I not gotten tired of doing it.

I only like two reality shows; Survivor and The Amazing Race.  You can keep your Kardashians and your Honey Boo Boo.  You can take all your baking and cooking contests and toss them out the window.  You can take any show about hillbillies and ducks and toss them right in the trash for all I care, but do not mess with Survivor.  That said, I can tell you now that there are things I like and dislike about this season.

First of all I like the premise.  Normally I am opposed to bringing back former contestants.  I have always found that the best seasons are ones in which we are introduced to a bunch of strangers that know nothing about each other.  Having familiar people in the mix does not allow for that.  Even so I like the idea of pitting loved ones against each other.  So I am okay with that.

I like the fact that Kat is back because I found her to be incredibly sexy.  Just take a look at those legs!
However, I would have preferred that she had brought her sister (if she has one) or her identical cousin instead of that goofy boyfriend.

I like seeing Monica & Brad Culpepper on the show.  Brad is a former Tampa Bay Buccaneer, which is awesome, and Monica has big boobs.  It's a win-win.

I truly appreciate the fact that no one had the bright idea to bring back Russell Hantz to partner with Brandon Hantz.  That would truly have been a disaster.

I do like the way that Colton has desperately tried to stir things up and no one has believed him.  What a jerk.  Although I do like his idea of playing Red Rover.  I loved that game as a kid.

I also liked it when Aras called Colton as "a gay Russel Hantz".  Made me laugh.

I do not and never have particularly cared for the Redemption Island aspect of the game.  Most people know that is when tribe members that are voted out get the chance to get back in the game.  I like the finality of Jeff snuffing out the torch and seeing that person leave the game for good.  But Redemption Island is back in play this season and that is the way it will be.  Phooey.

But there is one aspect of this season that I really have not liked and no, it has nothing to do with the return of Colton despite the fact that I could have certainly lived my life just fine never having to see him again. What I am talking about is how complicated they have made this.  Loved ones can trade places with each other to protect them.  We saw Rupert do this in episode one and it doomed him to being the first person out of the game despite not a single trip to tribal council and not one vote cast against him.  Right there the whole twist makes no sense.  (Though I would like to add that since this was Rupert's 4th time playing the game I was not the least bit sad to see him go)

Anyway, the producers have made this once simple game very complicated.  Throwing in hidden immunity idols and having Redemption Island players decide who gets clues for them is silly.  The idea that someone could be voted off and then saved from RI by their loved one?  Also silly.  All I am asking for from the producers is to keep it simple.  Go back to the simplicity you had when the show started.  That is what I and millions of others fell in love with.  I know that we are in season 27 and season 28 has already been filmed, but for the love of hot women in bikinis let's keep it simple for seasons 29 & 30.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rules of Engagement: Where's Jennifer?

Subway's Big Hot Pastrami Melt

Survivor Caramoan: Shamar is an Ass