The Big Bang Theory: Penny-Less

Good day my friends,

I love the Big Bang Theory and it is one of my favorite shows.  I love the title, the theme song, the characters, the situations and the incredible geekiness of it all.  But, I especially love Penny (Kaley Cuoco) and I really missed her last night.  I know that Kaley had an accident of some sort and due to her injuries had to be written out of a few shows (I don’t know how many) and I certainly understand that.  However, that did not stop me from missing her last night.  Add in the fact that she was never even mentioned and it kind of upset me.  As you may have guessed by now I am somewhat infatuated with Penny.  She is stunningly beautiful and has an incredible figure and sexy legs.  Yes, Penny (or Kaley) is hot.  I love the way she looks in her Cheesecake Factory uniform.  Moving on…

This particular episode has left me conflicted.  As I watched it I laughed quite a bit and enjoyed it.  But when I thought about it later all I could think about was the absence of Penny and the fact that Raj was barely in it and I started to like it less.  Now as I sit here and think about the episode I am laughing again, so I guess it really was a good episode despite the absence of Penny and the cameo by Raj.

The episode began with Leonard and Sheldon sitting on the couch watching one of the Hulk movies.  Which one was not really clear until Sheldon mentioned Jennifer Connelly and then we immediately knew it was the one with Eric Bana as the Hulk and not the far superior one with Edward Norton.  Leonard was fairly depressed, possibly because they were watching the crappy Hulk and not the good one, but more likely because he did not have the companionship of a girlfriend.  Leonard expressed his confusion as to why Sheldon does not hang out more with his current girl friend Amy Farrah Fowler and we were treated to what was probably the best line of the night.  Sheldon said “Leonard, you are my best friend.  I’ve known you for seven years and I can barely tolerate sitting on the couch with you.”  Pure Sheldon.

In fact, the whole time they were on the couch Amy Farrah Fowler was with them via a video conference.  As Leonard walked out, Amy Farrah Fowler told Sheldon that she wanted him to meet her mother.  We had instant Sheldon panic and he followed Leonard down the stairs asking what this mean.  In a much more eloquent way Leonard explained to Sheldon that he was, in fact, screwed.

At the comic book store we had a brief visit with Raj, who we learned has a deaf girlfriend.  Whereas I enjoy the fact that Howard’s mother remains an unseen entity I do not wish for the deaf girlfriend of Raj to stay that way.  I want to meet this girl.  A deaf character would be most refreshing on the show, unless she was played by Marlee Matlin.  She’s a good actress at all, but she is the go to girl for deaf actresses.  There has to be another deaf actress in Hollywood, correct?   

Sheldon had decided that he had to go off the grid to escape Amy Farrah Fowler.  He even changed the address of his own building.  Alas, the fact that Amy Farrah Fowler had already been to Sheldon’s apartment was his downfall as she showed up at the door.  Quickly Sheldon told Leonard to say he was not there and make up a detailed story.  Leonard opened the door, told Amy Farrah Fowler that Sheldon was not there and she said okay and left.  Easy as that, but not nearly good enough for Sheldon. 

Leonard left to invoke the girlfriend pact with Howard, which if I am not mistaken is how Howard got hooked up with the lovely Bernadette last season.  But first Leonard made a stop at the Apple store and was still wearing the shirt he used to pose as a Genius at the Genius Bar to pick up woman.  Turns out that does not work out too well as the fine folks at the Apple store kicked him out.  Howard let him know not to try again with a fake mustache as they see right through that.  After some humorous screams from Howard’s mother (who should always remain unseen because no actor could live up to what I imagine she looks like) he agreed to set Leonard up with one of Bernadette’s friends.

Meanwhile Sheldon was busy heading down the steps of his building doing this cute little rhyme naming all the stars closest to earth.  But when he got to the bottom step he realized he messed it up and of course had to go all the way back up and start over.  This made me laugh, but not as much as when he finally finished his rhyme and found that Amy Farrah Fowler was waiting for him right outside the apartment doors.  Sheldon shot right back upstairs and put on a disguise complete with the funny nose and glasses, but when he came back down she saw right through it.  No fooling this woman on a mission.  Amy Farrah Fowler explained that she only needed Sheldon to pretend to be a real boyfriend to appease her mother.  Ah, the happy not a couple back together once again.

Meanwhile Leonard was on his worst date ever with the mildly attractive, but simply disgusting Joy.  She was loud, gross, boorish and frankly just plain nasty.  Not Leonard’s type in the least, but then again who could possibly be her type?  The dinner double date turned out to be one of my favorite moments of the episode.  Here we had a dreadfully embarrassed and repulsed Leonard sitting with the sweaty Joy across from lovebirds Howard and Bernadette, who by the way has an incredible rack.  When Joy was breaking into her $30.00 per lb lobster it reminded me of the “man hands” episode of Seinfeld.  I know that Leonard agreed to a second date with Joy, but I do wonder of we will ever see her again on the show.  It’s always fun to throw in an obnoxious character now and then.  I have to think that at some point we will eventually see Evil Wil Wheaton again and perhaps Joy could be his final undoing.  Just a thought.

So in the end Sheldon met Amy Farrah Fowler’s mother via a video conference and all was right with our happy not a couple.  Overall I liked this episode, but again the absence of the adorable Penny made a difference.  Hopefully she has healed up nicely and will be back soon.

You don’t have to be Jewish to love Levy’s

Comments

  1. I actually saw Penny(Kaley)on the Ellen show and she is on crutches and will be for awhile. She stated that they would not write her broken ankle into the show and she went on to tell how she fractured her ankle and she really did quite a number on it. She has plates and screws, she said when it first happended they thought she might lose her foot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Sir Griffin, nice post.
    i really like the way you tell a story.
    keep on publishing and thanks for sharing :)
    tim


    How to Attract Ladies

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rules of Engagement: Where's Jennifer?

Subway's Big Hot Pastrami Melt

Survivor Caramoan: Shamar is an Ass